Thursday, October 7, 2010

Abraham's Blessings

Hello Family,

Hope we are all having a great week so far. I thank God for His awesomeness. Something caught my interest yesterday (yes, the light bulb picture is accurate lol... anyways), It’s been on my mind and I figured it won’t hurt to share… so here…

You know how we (ok some of us) are super excited that Abraham’s blessings are ours? (Assuming we fully know and understand what Abraham’s blessings are). Yeah, they are really ours (ding dong! Ok lemme stop playing  ). They are ours not only because we are the children of Abraham {what makes you Abraham’s heir? Our adoption by God, right? But I digress (though not entirely) }

I see a correlation between Genesis 12: 1- 3 and Matt 6:33

Gen 12: 1- 3 (KJV)
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Matt 6:33 (KJV)
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


I believe that the covenant God made with Abraham, He has also made with us directly.

“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:” Gen 12:1 is equal to “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness” Matt 6:33 (a- first part)

“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Gen12: 2-3 is equal to “and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matt 6:33 (b – last part)

God has offered us the same blessings He offered Abraham with the same criteria in other to receive the blessings. He says… “Step away from what takes your time and energy and focus on me alone, seek me whole heartedly, pursue after me, then I will grant your innermost heart’s desires, and also important things you’ve left out of your sincere desires but I know you need. Simply put, you’ll have everything!” – And “everything” here transcends our intelligence

I’m challenged to dare to be different! I’m encouraged to forsake the norm, the familiar and begin (or continue) the journey into what you may call the unfamiliar; a place where only God can direct me, not I, my mentors or even leaders can, God and He alone knows the way… and is the Way…

No wonder Abraham is referred to as the father of faith… if you embark on a journey only God knows the way to, (a journey you are determined to finish that is) wouldn’t you be dependent on God completely for directions? Wouldn’t you trust Him? ** Selah** I know I need the grace to

That being said, Abraham’s blessings are mine… Oh Yes they Are… how exciting… I am blessed in the morning and evening… how super fabulous.

However the more important thing to note is

Gen 12:4 “So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him”

For Abraham’s blessings to be yours, you have to start the journey, continue the journey, and intend to finish it! Go back to making God your number 1!

I pray that God, whom we serve and who is also our Father will give us the grace to love Him with all of our hearts, to immerse us with absolute love for Him and take us to a place where one thing we desire is to dwell in His presence all the days of our lives, to gaze upon His beauty (oh gosh!) and to seek Him in His temple… (Psalm 27:4)

Have a delightful evening

Nene hearts you all 

Jesus Rocks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@work and searching for a xtian write up to lift me up and i stumbled into this blog....i was reallly really encouraged!!!!

Onyeka (nigeria)