Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Heart of Kings

The King’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases – Pro 21:1 NIV

The verse above might not be new to anyone, but today I stumbled upon it and it got me thinking… and I’ve decided to share my thoughts…

I imagine how powerful kings were back then… they may have been like gods; untouchable, their decrees final and in some cases irrevocable. I also imagine how the king controlled the lives of all his subjects, how their living depended on the way the he felt; he could make or break them.

It makes sense for the psalmist to have used King in the verse above because he couldn’t think of any other human greater than him, but he goes further to say that as great as the King is, his heart was in the hand of the Lord, and God directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases… I find this very interesting. The people we think are in charge of our welfare, progress or livelihood are not really in charge. We fear humans, and try to please people because we feel they hold the key to our increase, but the verse above says that they don’t even control themselves. It is God that is in charge of the people we think are in charge. How about we focus on God to get the “King's” heart turned towards our directions?

Your destiny is controlled by God and not man, don’t put your life or source of joy in the hands of anyone but God. Don’t give anyone the key to your joy, peace and sanity, it is safest with God. The kings in our lives might not necessarily be stumbling blocks, some might be catalyst to our acceleration, but what about those that are stumbling blocks?, If we look over them to the God who controls them, who is also our father then we can get Him to turn their "stony" hearts to loving hearts and make them favor us...

I could go on but I’d stop here J I pray we all have a glorious day and remainder of the week

No comments: